Will replacing the battery on my laptop solve my overheating/freezing issues?

I've had my Toshiba Satellite for two years and recently it's been freezing up when it gets too hot. Usually this is nothing too major, after a few seconds it pops back, but sometimes it's longer and I need to restart (this has never happened before). I was wondering if buying a new battery will help solve these problems (overheating + FREEZING) or if I should just buy a cooling pad and save a few bucks? Please answer if knowledgeable.

1 comment:

  1. Buying a cooling fan dock, using the laptop in a well ventilated area, on a hard service instead of on your lap or on blankets or something, are all ways to keep the laptop temps down. Changing your battery shouldn't really affect the amount of heat it generates.

    ReplyDelete